Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 2... aftermath of the Superbowl!

Well, unless you live under a rock you are aware that THE PACKERS won the Superbowl. GO TEAM! Since this is Howie's favorite team in the universe it was a big deal that they were even IN it. We had a couple of friends over, ordered pizza and bought beer. We spent $100. Howie said that we were going to suck it up for the Pack. mmmkay, so that is pretty much what we always do.

I did the weekly grocery shopping today and spent $49. I saved $27 with coupons so I think I did pretty well. I purchased ground turkey instead of my organic 97/3 ground beef b/c the 97/3 turkey was on sale. $3 instead of $6... Got bread, milk, cheese, eggs and some things for the kids. That's it... organic eggs and milk are pricey and my healthy whole wheat bread wasn't on sale. I can't budge on that though, I refuse. I didn't buy any other meat. We have chicken and tuna fish, we'll live.

So, technically I've kept to MY budget. Howie ate out today but used a gift card. He was on the road for 6 hours, these things happen.

I registered Heather for 3 year old preschool and paid their monthly tuition, so that's $487 right there. I paid off our athletic association for our yearly dues (I think that's a total rip off by the way) tball and soccer. This was all figured into the plan for the month... it's just painful LOL.

This is my update on THAT. Not that entertaining I know, but it is possible to feed us for a lot less $$ than I was spending. Next week I'll have to hit Aldi for a couple of spices and find some sales on meats. There's only so much tuna we can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment