Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today is a sad day...

Heather, my almost 3 year old did not need to get her stool to reach the light switch. Just last night she was calling and asking for help to use the bathroom... specifically to turn the light on for her.

On one hand... SOB! My baby is getting bigger every day. Literally... in a day. She's my last baby and we're quickly entering a new phase of childhood and parenthood. I in NO way want any more babies... I just wish she's agreed to BE a baby for a little while longer.

On the other hand... YAY! I don't have to stop what I'm doing to assist in bathroom care. GO ME!

Today is also dear to my heart because my son and I are going to an assisted living facility today to do some crafts with the alzheimers patients. I love that we get the opportunity through a community women's club I belong to, to do this kind of thing. It's important to us that both of our children have an understanding of the world around them and how truly blessed they are. Through our own blessings we have to seek ways to give back and be a part of our community at large.

Darn it, I can't even be a little sarcastic about that.

I am preparing ourselves for the VERY busy holiday and birthday season coming up. I have Thanksgiving to host some family, 2 birthday parties for the kids the following weekend, school trips and events, dance events and a parade all leading to Christmas. I may have to drink heavily to make it through... or put all the drinking aside so I am completely coherent and in control. We'll see... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment